22 January 2007

I ran for Mumbai

6:45 am…. Fire…And Mumbai started to ran.

Phir kya…

Azad maidan duada…. CST station duada…. flora fountain duada …churchgate duada …Hilton duada … babulnath duada ….hajiali daudi…..racecourse duada….tarapore dauda…..wankede dauda….

Frankly speaking, It was such great experience that I never enjoyed yet. Running with thousands of people on the town roads, which are, always pack with traffic.
It covers the marine drive’s necklace, babulnath, pedder road, hajiali seaface…etc.
Hundereds of people were there to cheer, media people, security guys, volunteers, adv. Hoardings, panels, digital screen etc etc. People from every age group, business executives, actors, and college guys were enjoying the event. I really surprised to saw the old uncles who really had courage to participate in half marathon (21 km) and some of them were always ahead than teenagers. Many gabroo aunties who couldn’t walk properly were there to run. Lots of residential people who woke early in the morning to encouraged runners, they were there to provide water bottles, biscuits and appreciated every participants.

And what were the amazing athletics yar, Baapu log.
I am very glad to say that one of Indian runner (Yadav) was leaded the half marathon, can you believe he almost near to reach the finish line in just an hour.
And as we know, In the full marathon ‘Nigros’…gr8 …..gr8 yar. They came from back and flied away like crows. They were caught us again by returning back from bandra.
Sahi yar, kya speed tha. We can only run if any dog chasing us. Our sprint running is their normal run for marathon. And as usual finally they won the full marathon.

So that’s I experienced with the painful legs. But good enjoyed lot. First time I saw athlete personally run with them for a while just 10 m ……hahahaa.

5 comments:

समीर said...

Coool Buddy....Must be a great experience...So for this year..Keep running..:)(behind girls!)

ruju said...

sanjay....this is really an achievement..we always wish, to do something like this, but actually implementing your wish, requires a lot of will power and discipline....next time probably our whole group might participate, u never know! keep motivating and keep it up!

Unknown said...

Hey Baji....
thats such a great feeling and a proud one at that....you ran for mumbai for the spirit of Mumbai thats do very live and kicking...
I am really missing mumbai and all this great stuff. .. keep it up buddy ...hope to join you next year.... ;)

Mac said...

sahi hai.. good u gave an inspiration to us..we just think that will do it but i thought and did it..cool, I like your spirit..

Mac said...

sorry i mean u though and u did it.. :)